Saturday, January 31, 2009

We attended the Crankup Festival yesterday in Edendale. It was displays of vintage tractors, Mini Coopers, VW's, cars then several live performances from pipers to Dixieland. They have bizare competitions i.e. hay rolling, tractor pulling and then the best was the vintage shearing demonstration which I have videos to show you.

It rained off and on, mostly on all the time we were there and we had a single, single-person umbrella for the 3 of us. We got a bit wet but eventually dried. Lunch was an "American Hot Dog" which wasn't too bad but it was boiled as were the accompanying onions. Then, wow, we went to the "fried bakery" and had a cherry tart which was fried dough with cherry pie filling! So good...I almost ate two. Now I wish I had another one!

We had a great day. We took Helga (burnt granny) with us and spent the day...

videos following. Actually, I will load the videos later. Mom


No comments: